Kelly L. Benson*
Recent Selected Engagements
- Multiple Board meetings including strategic advice (See Prior Business Experience below)
- Employee Handbooks and Policies
- Reductions in Force
- Revisions to Employee Handbooks for COVID compliance, Emergency Paid Sick Leave, nepotism policies and Conflict of Interest policies
- HIPAA issues
- Business Associate Agreements
- Volunteer Agreement and a Waiver and Release for a nonprofit addressing various issues including COVID to use with its volunteers
- Supply Agreement for a manufacturing client
- Internet Use Agreement
- Documents and communications regarding COVID including employer’s duty to provide notice, CDC guidelines, Health Screening Policy for Visitors, Quarantine Travel Policy for employees, Mandatory Vaccination Policy, vaccine mandates by various levels of government and Informed Consent Forms for testing
- School Safety Omnibus Act issues
- Separation Agreements for employers
- MOU and Fiscal Sponsorship Agreement regarding a real estate matter
- Internal investigation of head of organization
- Disclosure of personal medical information issues
- Vendor Agreements and COVID Testing Policy
- OSHA Temporary Emergency Standard
- Purchase Agreement for commercial property
- Consumer Product Safety Commission product recall
University of Detroit Mercy School of Law
- Honor Society
- Moot Court
Michigan State University
Bachelor of Arts
- International Relations with focus on Economics
Prior Business Experience
General Motors Corporation
Sr. Strategies Process Improvement Team Lead (Operations)
Cross-functional team lead integrating manufacturing process changes in the launch of the Full-Size Truck Platform, a $2 Billion program in seven North American Manufacturing Plants. Collaborate with every level of the Corporation including UAW, Suppliers, Procurement and Executive Leadership to develop and achieve key manufacturing initiatives.
- Manufacturing single point of contact to drive change in a matrixed organization to influence and unify teams towards a single corporate goal and achieve deliverables.
- Develop and execute labor/process improvements and workload balance in multiple manufacturing facilities in North America.
- Identified as the “Go To” person to drive results with internal and external customers and suppliers;
draft terms and conditions, Statement of Requirements achieving strategic supplier relationships and
reduce post contract signing changes by 20%.
- Advise and present complex issues to executive leaders with justifications to obtain critical and
- Co-Chair of Issue Resolution Team managing root cause analysis and implementation of complex technical
solutions through influence and stakeholder buy-in.
Production Supervisor, Metal Fabrication Plant
Strategic Management of team of UAW employees in high-volume production environment; actively collaborate with strategic alliances within management, UAW, supply chain, safety to ensure cost effective shared task completion including negotiate grievances while advocating for the corporate to obviate disruption to production. Assure the implementation of national and local Labor Agreements(s) to maintain harmony on both sides of the relationship.
Kelly is a Member of the Bar of Texas. Matters involving Washington, DC and Ohio matters are reviewed by firm lawyers licensed in those jurisdictions.
*Kelly is licensed in the State of Texas where she works remote only. Kelly is not a member of the OHIO or D.C. Bar. Kelly is supervised by OHIO and D.C. Bar Members.